Senior Application Support Engineer
Covid vaccination is required
This is a jack of all trades
They don’t need to have come up as a system administrator
They don’t need to come up as an application developer
This is all about troubleshooting
They have to have knowledge of backend troubleshooting, IIS, SQL Queries patches, PowerShell scripting
Any OpenText or LiquidOffice is a huge plus
Any Linux or Java application support is a big plus
They are 90% Windows
LOCATION: Chicago, IL, in office two days a week
SALARY: $110k – $120k flex
Senior support engineer, general application support, system upgrades, install patch upgrade support troubleshoot complex multitier software applications. automated patching configuration security hardening ticket queues application performance monitoring Dynatrace solar winds PowerShell vb scripting windows MS SQL oracle SQL querys java applications jboss WebLogic redhat Linux shell scripting
The Senior Support Engineer reports to the Business Application Support Systems Manager and is responsible for supporting many key enterprise applications used throughout the organization. This includes general application support, system upgrades, project work, and leveraging security best practices in developing and maintaining a pristine environment.
• Install, patch, upgrade, support, and troubleshoot complex, multi-tier software applications, both commercial and internally developed, spanning multiple servers and various technologies.
• Perform root cause analysis to avoid future occurrences, identify permanent resolutions, preventative steps, and lessons learned on recurring issues and major incidents.
• Build and mature the application support processes, procedures and fixes including the creation and updating of documentation in the knowledgebase.
• Partner with IT and business partners to identify improvement opportunities, enable automation and enhance team cohesiveness to work smarter, better, more efficiently and effectively.
• Monitor the ServiceNow ticket queues handling Incidents, Service Requests, Tasks, and some small enhancement work.
• Previous experience managing system upgrades and projects.
• Previous experience with scripting
• Solid SQL query skills helping team mature in:
o Version standardization and upgrades.
o Security vulnerability scanning and associated remediations.
o Performance management and tuning.
o Break – fix support.
• Previous experience supporting JAVA applications running in JBoss/WebLogic.
• Previous experience working in a RedHat Linux environment and with shell scripting.
• Previous experience working with Verity/Teleform scanning software or OpenText Liquid Office.
• Previous experience working with Tidal or other Job Schedulers.
• Previous Problem Management experience.
• Previous Knowledge Management experience.
• Previous Change/Release Management experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.